Via James Higham, the first BlogPower Awards. Nominations accepted for, and from, everyone — you don’t have to be a member of BlogPower to nominate or vote and, apart from obvious categories, you can nominate whoever you want to — BlogPower blogs, non-BlogPower blogs and MSM blogs and columns.
We came into being as Blogpower precisely because we were sick to death of major bloggers swamping awards ceremonies, where the nominations for those awards were slanted and anything but transparent.Not this time! Every day until Tuesday evening, at 21:00, London time, a revised ‘state-of-play’ will be posted on how people are thinking about the nominations in each category.
Categories — with a couple of pleasingly bitchy ones, I see — are
- Best Britblog or Column
- Best North American Blog or Column
- Best Blog or Column outside North America and the U.K.
- Best Fisker
- Best Ranter
- Best Political Blog or Column
- Best Blogpower Blog or Column
- Best Layout and Style
- Best Blog Name
- Best Little Blogger [i.e. under 100 uniques a day]
- Most Articulate Wordsmith
- Most Under-rated Blog or Column
- Most Over-rated Blog or Column
- Most Politically Incorrect Blog or Column
- Most Sadly Missed Blog or Column
- Most Consistently Entertaining Blog or Column
- Prettiest or Tastiest Blog or Column [refers to food or domestic bloggers]
- Award for Services to Blogging
- Best Post of All Time
- Most Unintentionally Humorous post
List of current nominees, plus instructions on how to nominate, at BlogPower.
Thank you, James, for organising this.